The Rifleman's Rifle Book by Roger Rule - Signed "Author's 1st Edition" Deluxe Book
As a model 70 enthusiast, you already know about Roger Rule's authoritative book "The Rifleman's Rifle". First edition copies of this book are exceptionally collectible and fetch prices of $400-$500. Even more collectible is the limited first-edition "Deluxe" book. Only 500 were produced, with a distinct padded leatherette cover, deeply embossed and gold foiled title and rifle graphics, all neatly tucked into a leatherette slip case. These deluxe edition books are all individually numbered and hand-signed by Roger Rule.
We have had the great fortune to come across not one but two of these very rare books. One is presented in Near Fine condition and the second in Fine condition. Both of these books have very tight bindings and look as if they may never have been opened.
Number 50 presents in fine condition and appears as-new.
Number 182 presents in near fine condition with some very light wear on the top and bottom corners of the spine. The slip case has a light impression on the front face. (this book is shown in the photos)
Number 248 presents in near fine+ to fine condition.
Books and paper products on pre64win.com are graded using the industry standard book grading criteria. This item has been graded for condition using the following definitions:
- FINE: No defects, as new when first purchased (Like New)
- NEAR FINE: May have 1 or 2 very minor defects.
- VERY GOOD: Used condition, same as above only it may have two or three more minor defects such as small tears, scratches, small stains to covers, or minor tears and creases to inside pages.
- GOOD: As above only it may have a split hinge, larger tears to covers, soiling or staining of covers, whatever the defect it should be described in detail.
- FAIR: As above with folds and tears throughout, markings to content.
- POOR: As above with loose bindings, missing and torn pages throughout.